Monday, July 03, 2006

What's in a Name?

Ever since I met my wife of almost 8 years, she has had a different way of speaking. There are a few phrases she uses that I don't hear from anyone else. One of them is "How crazy is that?" The other day I was in the car driving home from the grocery store. My son, who is two and a half, was sitting behind me looking out the window, marveling at the world around him.

He spotted an excavator and with excitement in his voice said, "Dad, look! It's an excavator!" "I know," I responded to which he said, "How crazy is that?" He said with such seriousness and intentionality, I couldn't stop laughing. What stuck with me from our short interaction was, that in raising kids my wife and I are making little versions of ourselves. Whether we like it or not, they are growing up to become us. I couldn't help thinking, "That is crazy!"

4 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger barbp said...

I don't have children of my own and I could be off on this age relating thing, but a two year old who can say excavator rather than "toy truck thing" just blows me away.

I just came across your blog by accident and find this, your second posting, utterly charming.

So rather than saying How Crazy Is That, I'll say "Go Figure"

Welcome to the blogosphere and Happy 4th.

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Trent, I see you found a title for yourself! Awesome!

OK - Keith, Staci and I are going to start a "We like Trent Murray" Fan Club. What do you think?

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandson is just sooo smart, but then I knew that the first time I saw him. He's a cutie too. When you have children you never stop marveling at what they say and do. God bless and keep them all in His loving care. Nanny

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Anastacia said...

Hey when you going to start posting ?

ya, like you have time....i don't really have time either but i like to think i do. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home